- Intraamniotic Infection (Chorioamnionitis) is presumptive dx in ANY intrapartum fever (unless known UTI, PNA or someone put warm blankets on pt. in 80deg room)
- Tmax >38.0 in Labor w/w/o(Really high wbc, Maternal or Neonatal Tachycardia, Foul-smelling amniotic fluid)
- These are secondary factors and you don't need all(or any) beyond the fever to treat with antibiotics/antipyretic
- There is significant benefit to treat quickly/aggressively for sake of neonate as well as mother.
- Fever reduction may decrease risk of cytokine release in neonate