Preterm – PROM (PPROM) 24 weeks to 33weeks 6 days
- Latency Antibiotics
- Prolong pregnancy, reduce maternal and neonatal infection, reduces age-dependent morbidity
- Amp 2g IV q6 & Erythromycin 250mg IV q6 for 48 hours followed by Amoxicillin 250mg PO Q8 & Erythromycin base 333mg PO Q8 x5 days
- Other regimens exist
- Magnesium Sulfate for fetal neuroprotection
- Should be administered between 24 and 32 weeks if risk of imminent delivery
- Reduces cerebral palsy risk
- Corticosteroids – a single course is recommended.
- Reduces Neonatal mortality, RDS, IVH, NEC.
- NO increase risk of maternal or neonatal infection
- Do not give weekly
- Not enough data to recommend for or against a rescue course
- Expectant Management
- Tocolysis NOT recommended
- Should receive GBS PPx intrapartum if candidate