EXAM Comprehensive Eye Exam
1. Visual acuity - Intact to fine print
2. Gross or confrontation visual fields - Full and Intact by confrontation
3. Extraocular motility - Full in both eyes
4. Conjunctiva - Bulbar and palpebral pink without lesions
5. Ocular adnexa/ Lids/ Lacrimal Gland /Orbit /Preauricular Nodes - All nontender
6. Pupil and iris Size in mm:shape ovoid / irregular / direct and consensual reactions and morphology
7. Cornea — slit-lamp exam demonstrates clear cornea without abrasion. Tear film, epithelium, stroma and endothelium appear intact to dye / no dye
8. Anterior chamber — slit-lamp exam demonstrates normal depth Depth, No cells and flare. Perpendicular light demonstrates no bulging of iris.
9. Lens - Clarity - clear to light without significant cloudiness.
10. Intraocular pressure – Palpation of Globe - soft to touch & symmetric bilaterally.
(Nondilated Fundoscopic Exam is suboptimal)
11. Optic nerve/discs Cup-to-disc ratio about 0.3 (higher may represent glaucoma)
12. Retina and vessels - without spots/ lesions. No copper wire or abrupt cessation of large vessels.